Friday, November 16, 2007

Other peoples blogs

Right, annoyed enough now (been reading uncov.com and feeling writing an agitated post). It really bugs me blogs have some mystical hook into a online book marking site that results in most, if not all blog posts having only links.

Please stop it, if I want to know what you're reading, I'll subscribe to your del.icio.us (or whatever) feed.

If you want to subscribe to mine, you can get it at del.icio.us/robert.clutton.

You won't find link only posts on my blog entry =p

2 comments:

ShaiDorsai said...

Isn't this a different strokes, different folks type thing?
A bit like how Scoble breaks the rules.

and certainly Stowe Boyd does the odd link only post.

I only follow a dozen or so feeds so haven't yet noticed the problem too much.

Robbie said...

sure, people are entitled to behave how they like, and for what it's worth I agree with Scoble's post on breaking Twitter rules. For me Twitter is for conversations.

I'm not telling people not to put links on their blogs, many of my posts are inspired by other posts or articles and I link to them to give them their dues, I just feel that if I want to know what you're reading I'll check out your del.icio.us feed. I want to read people's blogs to read their opinions and thoughts.

If you're interested in following this, it's moved on to Simon's blog here: http://simonmcmanus.com/2007/11/28/the-robbie-clutton-problem/

Robbie