Friday, December 21, 2007

last.fm vs musicovery vs pandora

I love listening to music while at work, and I can't help but feel agitated that my favourite web music players (last.fm and pandora.com) don't work when I'm on the company network. I've recently discovered musicovery.com from a friend mentioning it on Twitter, which more and more is my source of information. It works on the company network which rocks, I think it streams through a flash based player to traverse the company network rather than streaming straight into the browser. I can't help but think though that why isn't there a microformat for favourite and 'banned' music to use anywhere?

I'd rather use last.fm or pandora.com at work, but I can't. The next best thing would be to share my 'taste' of music across these sites.

Come on everyone, microformats are the way forward!

2 comments:

psd said...

sounds like an extension to hReview, add something to the wiki: http://microformats.org/wiki/hreview

Robbie said...

Thanks PSD,

I checked out the wiki and there was already some stuff about music review (see http://microformats.org/wiki/hreview-faq). I think it's now just having a think about how to use it across multiple sites and indeed, from scrobbling your own music.

Robbie